This is the Forensics Wiki, devoted to information about digital forensics. We are just getting started, but still encourage you to browse the site and contribute whatever information you have available.
Much of computer forensics is focused on the tools and techniques used by investigators, but there are also a number of important papers, people, and organizations involved. Many of those organizations sponsor conferences throughout the year and around the world. You may also wish to examine the popular journals and some special reports.
- Email Headers --- All about the art of deciphering where email came from, what program was used, and who sent it.
- File Formats --- A general list of all file formats.
- Forensic file formats --- Formats for disk images and metadata used by computer forensic programs.
- File Systems --- Used by computers to lay out the way information is stored on hard drives and other block-oriented systems.
- Personal Digital Devices --- Forensics of Cellphones, PDAs, Audio/Video Players, and the list goes on...
- Other Devices -- Printers, scanners, ...
- Sanitization Standards
- Recovering data
- Write Blockers