FTK Imager is a data preview and imaging tool that lets you quickly assess electronic evidence to determine if further analysis with AccessData® Forensic Toolkit® (FTK™) is warranted. FTK Imager can also create perfect copies (forensic images) of computer data without making changes to the original evidence.
With FTK Imager, you can:
· Preview files and folders on local hard drives, floppy diskettes, Zip disks, CDs, and DVDs.
· Create forensic images of local hard drives, floppy diskettes, Zip disks, CDs, and DVDs.
· Preview the contents of forensic images stored on the local machine or on a network drive.
· Export files and folders.
· Generate hash reports for regular files and disk images (including files inside disk images).
IMPORTANT: When using FTK Imager to create a forensic image of a suspect's hard drive, make sure you are using a hardware-based write blocking device. This ensures that your operating system does not alter the suspect's hard drive when you attach the drive to your computer.