Revision as of 07:02, 23 July 2018 by SalvationDATA1610
TODO: Not all of the following are tools, most are simply company names. The tools should have their own articles...
- Atola Insight Forensic
- All-in-one fast forensic acquisition system produced by Atola Technology capable of diagnosing and imaging damaged and unstable drives http://atola.com/products/insight/
- DFL-DE Data Recovery Tool
- Including three main modules: disk imaging modules, file recovery modules and automatic hdd repair modules, fixing both detected and undetected hard drives. http://www.dolphindatalab.com/product/data-extractor-dfl-de/.
- DRS Data Recovery System
- A next-generation intelligent all-in-one hardware and software tool produced by SalvationDATA that can perform disk diagnostics and image data from bad sectors, unstable heads, and other drives. http://www.salvationdata.com/drs-data-recovery-system.html
- DeepSpar Disk Imager
- Handles Data Recovery Imaging issues, drive instability, and bad sectors. http://www.deepspar.com/products-ds-disk-imager.html - Data Sheet and Whitepaper available for download from product web page.
- ICS Solo3
- Supports USB, Firewire and SCSI drives. http://www.icsforensic.com/
- Logicube Talon
- Supports USB
- Built-in PATA, SATA, USB and write blocker. http://www.thepsiclone.com/
- Enhanced Error Handling and Logging
- Voom HardCopy III
- Allows destination drive to be formatted in NTFS.
- Data Copy King DCK 2
- DCK 2 is the second generation forensic data eraser and disk duplicator tool produced by SalvationDATA, equipped with multi-function write-blockers, and embedded high capacity storage drive, DCK 2 is a fully portable device designed for both field and laboratory applications. With embedded read-only SATA/USB and multi-function card reader interfaces, DCK 2 provides a one-stop solution to most common storage devices. DoD standard data erasure ensures zero possibility to recover any digital data wiped by DCK 2. DCK 2, a must-have tool in your digital forensic laboratory or information security department. http://www.salvationdata.com/dck-data-copy-king.html
- ewfacquire, ewfacquirestream
- The tools ewfacquire and ewfacquiresteam are part of the libewf library package. They can create evidence files in the EnCase and FTK Imager .E0* (EWF-E01) and SMART .s0* (EWF-S01) formats. ewfacquire is intended to read from devices and ewfacquirestream from pipes. Both tools calculate an MD5 hash on default while the data is being acquired. They are able to calculate a SHA1 message digest as well, but because of compatibility with EnCase they only store the SHA1 hash in the Extended EWF (EWF-X) format. ewfacquire and ewfacquirestream provide support for byte swapping of media bytes. This is useful for dealing with big endian media on and little endian architectures and vice versa. It also has intelligent error recovery.
- Part of the AFF system, aimage can create files is raw, AFF, AFD, or AFM formats. AFF and AFD formats can be compressed or uncompressed. aimage can optionally compress and calculate MD5 or SHA-1 hash residues while the data is being copied. It has intelligent error recovery, similar to what is in ddrescue.
- AIR (Automated Image and Restore) is a GUI front-end to dd/dcfldd designed for easily creating forensic bit images.
- A version of dd created by the Digital Computer Forensics Laboratory. dcfldd is an enhanced version of GNU dd with features useful for forensics and security, such as calculating MD5 or SHA-1 hashes on the fly and faster disk wiping.
- A program that converts and copies files, is one of the oldest Unix programs. I can copy data from any Unix "file" (including a raw partition) to any other Unix "file" (including a disk file or a raw partition). This is one of the oldest of the imaging tools, and produces raw image files. Extended into dcfldd.
- EnCase LinEn
- Linux-based version of EnCase's forensic imaging tool.
- A tool similar to dd, but unlike dd it will continue reading the next sector, if it stumbles over bad sectors it cannot read.
- iLook IXimager
- The primary imaging tool for iLook. It is Linux based and produces compressed authenticatable image files that may only be read in the iLook analysis tool.
- Rdd is robust with respect to read errors and incorporates several other functions: MD5 and SHA-1 hashing, block hashing, entropy computation, checksumming, network transfer, and output splitting.
- Their ultimate tool lets you "READ, ACQUIRE, DECRYPT, ANALYZE and REPORT (R.A.D.A.R.)."
- Belkasoft Acquisition Tool or BelkaImager if a free utility which allows to image hard and removable drives, acquire smartphone and cloud data.
- Belkasoft Evidence Center contains BelkaImager as an integral part and can parse and analyze data acquired with BelkaImager.
- Can image and convert many file formats. Also builds mobile toolkit.
- Can image with out dongle plugged in. Only images to E0* file.
- FTK Imager by AccessData
- Can image and convert many image formats. Including E0* (EWF-E01), s0* (EWF-S01) and dd. Also a free tool.
Pages in category "Disk imaging"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.