Difference between revisions of "AIR"
Revision as of 00:53, 23 January 2007
AIR (Automated Image and Restore) is a GUI front-end to dd/dcfldd designed for easily creating forensic bit images.
- auto-detection of IDE and SCSI drives, CD-ROMs, and tape drives
- choice of using either dd or dcfldd
- image verification between source and copy via MD5 or SHA1/256/384/512
- image compression/decompression via gzip/bzip2
- image over a TCP/IP network via netcat/cryptcat
- supports SCSI tape drives
- wiping (zeroing) drives or partitions
- splitting images into multiple segments
- detailed logging with date/times and complete command-line used