Malware is a short version of Malicious Software.
Malware is software used for data theft, device damage, harassment, etc. It is very similar to computer malware. It installs things such as trojans, worms, and botnets to the affected device. It is illegal to knowingly distribute malware.
A computer program that can automatically copy itself and infect a computer.
A self-replicating computer program that can automatically infect computers on a network.
A computer program which appears to perform a certain action, but actually performs many different forms of codes.
A computer program that can automatically intercept or take partial control over the user's interaction.
A toolkit that automates the exploitation of client-side vulnerabilities, targeting browsers and programs that a website can invoke through the browser . Often utilizing a drive-by-download.
Any download that happens without a person's knowledge .
A rootkit is a stealthy type of software, typically malicious, designed to hide the existence of certain processes or programs from normal methods of detection and enable continued privileged access to an operating system.
Various types of rootkits:
- User mode
- Kernel mode
- Hypervisor level
- Firmware and Hardware
- Wikipedia: malware
- Wikipedia: drive-by-download
- Androguard: A list of recognized Android malware
- Communities @ Risk - Targeted Digital Threats Against Civil Society
- botnets.fr wiki
- A Forensic Overview of a Linux perlbot, by Andre M. DiMino, December 17, 2013
- Probing into the Flash Zero Day Exploit (CVE-2014-0502), by Krishnan Subramanian, February 21, 2014
- Operation Windigo, by Olivier Bilodeau, Pierre-Marc Bureau, Joan Calvet, Alexis Dorais-Joncas, Marc-Étienne M.Léveillé, Benjamin Vanheuverzwijn, March, 2014
- Security Advisory 2953095: recommendation to stay protected and for detections, by Chengyun Chu, Elia Florio, March 24, 2014
- What Are Exploit Kits?, by Lenny Zeltser, October 26, 2010
- The four seasons of Glazunov: digging further into Sibhost and Flimkit, by Fraser Howard, July 2, 2013
- Kore Exploit Kit, Kahu Security blog, July 18, 2013
- Wikipedia: Rootkit
- Understanding Rootkits: Using Memory Dump Analysis for Rootkit Detection, by Dmitry Korolev, Yuri Gubanov, Oleg Afonin, November 22, 2013
- Turning USB peripherals into BadUSB
- Phison 2251-03 (2303) Custom Firmware & Existing Firmware Patches