Full Volume Encryption, or FVE, is a method for encrypting a single partition, either physical or virtual, on a hard drive. It is different than Full Disk Encryption as parts of the disk are left unencrypted.
- Included with certain versions of Microsoft Windows as of Vista.
- FileVault Disk Encryption
- Included with certain versions of Apple Mac OS X as of 10.7 (Lion).
- A free and open source FVE program for Microsoft Windows and Windows Mobile PDAs.
- A free and open source FVE program for Microsoft Windows.