ForensicsWiki will continue to operate as it has before and will not be shutting down. Thank you for your continued support of ForensicsWiki.
Initially Windows 8 had a workstation and server edition. The server edition became Windows Server 2012.
The following new features were introduced in Windows 8:
Jump Lists are Task Bar artifacts that were first introduced on Windows 7 and are also available on Windows 8.
The Windows Registry remains a core component of the Windows operating system.
- Features new to Windows 8, Wikipedia
- Windows 8 Forensics - part 1
- Windows 8 Forensics - part 2
- Windows 8 Forensics - part 3
- Windows 8 Forensic Guide, by Amanda C. F. Thomson, 2012
- Forensic Focus: Windows 8 Forensics - A First Look, Presentation, Slides, by Josh Brunty, August 2012
- Windows 8: Tracking Opened Photos, by Jason Hale, March 8, 2013
- indows 8 and 8.1: Search Charm History, by Jason Hale, September 9, 2013