Paraben Cell Seizure
The main goal of Cell Seizure is to organize and report various types of files. Following the same guidelines as other Paraben products, Cell Seizure is able to generate comprehensive HTML reports of acquired data. Moreover the software is able to retrieve deleted files and check for file integrity.
One important advantage that separates Paraben’s Cell Seizure from other similar products is the fact that it is designed not to change the data stored on the SIM card or cell phone. In other words, all of the data can be examined while keeping the process undetected. Most commercial or free software for cell phones is designed do not only view data but to upload data to cell phones. This is not a safe way to perform a forensic evaluation of cell phone data. In fact, even some forensic software warns of possible data loss. Cell Seizure does not allow data to be changed on the phone.
A disadvantage of Cell Seizure is that it does not support all makes and models of cell phones. As with most mobile device forensics software, Cell Seizure is frequently updated with support for new devices as they proliferate in the consumer market. However, this application can acquire information from most models made by the following companies: Nokia, LG, Samsung, Siemens, Motorola, Sony-Ericcson, and can also acquire GSM SIM Cards.
Another disadvantage would be that the format of acquired data can sometimes be confusing. The data is not organized nice and neat and given to the user in a way that they can easily understand what they are seeing. It is not the most user-friendly way of displaying the data that has been acquired.
- Supports GSM, TDMA, and CDMA cell phones
- Acquires Text Messages, Address Books, Call Logs, etc.
- Acquires complete GSM SIM Card
- Recovers deleted data and full flash downloads
- Supports multiple languages
- Contains comprehensive HTML reporting and other reporting formats
- Provides advanced searching including text & hex values
- Contains viewers for proprietary media file formats;
- Allows viewing of multiple workspaces at one time