Oxygen Forensic Suite 2
|Date Released:||26 November 2008|
Oxygen Forensic Suite 2 by Oxygen Software is a mobile forensic software for logical analysis of cell phones, smartphones and PDAs. The authors claim that using advanced data access protocols helps to extract much more data than usually.
Regular data extraction
Oxygen Forensic Suite 2 is able to extract general data like:
- device information (IMEI, SW and HW versions, operator, etc),
- contacts (names, phones, notes)
- calendar events,
- messages (SMS),
- log records (incoming/outgoing/missed).
- files (images, sounds, videos, documents, etc)
Unique data extraction
Besides the general data usually extracted, Oxygen Forensic Suite 2 can extract a lot of unique information:
- contacts (last date of contact modification, contacts photos, field labels, contact groups and speed dials)
- calendar events (last date of event modification, all event dates, alarm status, recurrences)
- messages (e-mails and MMS, messages from custom folders, message SMSC time stamp)
- log records (GPRS, EDGE, CSD, HSCSD and Wi-Fi session traffic and time, deleted SMS details)
- files (file system from phone memory and flash card)
- LifeBlog data (all main phone events like sms, photos, events with their geographical coordinates),
Important! The list of supported features depends on a certain phone model.
By the October, 2008 Oxygen Forensic Suite 2 supports more than 1100 devices: Nokia, Vertu, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, Motorola, Blackberry, Panasonic, Siemens, HTC, HP, E-Ten, Gigabyte, i-Mate and other mobile phones. Oxygen Forensic Suite 2 has a strong support for Symbian OS, Nokia S60, Sony Ericsson UIQ, Windows Mobile 5/6 and Blackberry smartphones and communicators.
- The software access devices without using standard protocols like AT, OBEX or SyncML. The Agent installation is required to access smartphones and communicators.
- The software is able to perform data search, to create and print reports.
- The software has a full support of Unicode standard. So the multilanguage information is read and shown correctly.
Oxygen Forensic Suite 2 is a third generation of forensic tools by Oxygen Software.
- 2004, March. Oxygen Phone Manager II for Nokia phones (Forensic Edition) is released.
- 2005, November. Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS smartphones is released.
- 2007, June. Oxygen Phone Manager II (Forensic Edition) becomes a stand alone project with new name "Oxygen Forensic Suite"
- 2008, May. Oxygen Forensic Suite 2 is released and presented at Mobile Forensics World 2008.